Here are my notes from the session I attended Tuesday afternoon by Stan Endicott…
- Excellence is an idol that we wouldn’t recognize if we attained it.
- Regarding creative meetings: no more than three in the meeting, and there should be one person in the room that you think shouldn’t be there.
- Psalm 33: Performance IS worship.
- Five aspects of a great choir:
1. Great Calendar
2. Great Music (finding the right song soon enough)
- Ambition is a misnomer in the church. -Brennan Manning
- We all need to be needed.
3. Great Worship
- Do worship with your choir in the middle of the rehearsal. Make rehearsals special.
- Hospitality: lover of strangers
4. Great Community
- The personal lives of your choir members IS your business.
- Growing choirs are filled with singles because of Saturday night worship.
5. Great Fun
- Be willing to waste time.