I am beginning to gather some thoughts for a message I’ll be giving in the near future about teenagers and the digital footprint they leave as believers in Christ. I’d love some input.
I hope to impress upon them the fact that nothing posted online ever goes away, and that the way we conduct ourselves on the Internet should reflect Christ in the same way the lives we live IRL should.
- Without giving details, being too graphic, and/or without ignoring the planks in our own eyes, what behaviors have you witnessed online that could be detrimental to someone’s testimony?
- Do you know of anyone that has had repercussions to something they posted online?
- Has your opinion about someone ever been swayed based on a Facebook/Twitter comment or picture?
- Any FLAME stories (wrote about my opinion about that topic here)?
- What do YOU do to remind yourself that absolutely everything said/posted online LASTS FOREVER and can be SEEN by EVERYONE?
PLEASE comment below. Thanks!