As I continue on my blogging journey, I periodically choose to evaluate my reasons for keeping NoCamo as a part of my ministry (more on that later). It continues to be a joy to write my thoughts, beliefs, and feelings, and to share them with all of you.
So why, at this point in time, is NoCamo here?
- Accountability. I like the fact that this blog is a place to document where I am going in my walk with Christ, and to be able to access and assess where I have been.
- Journal. Sometimes I write posts because they fall in line with the NoCamo mission… Living the Christian life in the open. But sometimes I simply write things as a milestone. What happened at a particular time in my life… who else was there… why was it important… for future perusal.
- Celebration. God is awesome! Jesus saved me! He blesses me every day! Virtual hootin’ and hollerin’ go on around here quite often.
- Transparency. NoCamo to the core. I am a born-again, blood-bought child of the Almighty, and am not ashamed of that fact.
- Community. I don’t always write things with which people agree, as is exemplified by this post. But I still love the discourse, and would love to see that aspect of NoCamo grow. (Faithful readers… tell your friends!)
- Ministry. I truly do see this website as a testimony, a witness… a ministry. I believe that God uses and will use what is written here for His glory, and I am thrilled to be a part of what He is doing through me. But this is an extension of the vocational ministry to which God has called me, which is why I manage this blog the way I do (not self-hosted, no ads or affiliate links, etc).
Do you blog? Why?