Thoughts from Monday night of NWLC11…
- LOVED having the Twitter feed (#NWLC11) on the screens. Cool idea.
- Cantos de Alabanza’s renditions of English worship songs sung in Spanish was very moving. It’s easy to forget that not everyone worships in English.
- Getting on stage can become just as much of an idol as pulling a jade Buddha out of a closet. -paraphrase from Scotty Smith
- (The prodigal son) never left his father’s favor… he just left his father. -Scotty Smith
- You don’t come home to this Father to a penance… you come home to a celebration. -Scotty Smith
- Got blinded a few times by the lights. Think they are still working on the cues.
- In heaven, there will be no exegesis, no isogesis… just Jesus. -Buddy Owens
- Joy is the emotion of hope. -Buddy Owens
- Nicole C. Mullin, Tommy Walker, and the Conference Choir did a fantastic job. Jotted down some ideas about song selection.
- I was a little distracted tonight. I’ll write about that in a separate post.
Time for some shut-eye.