We just got back from an AMAZING day. As I wrote about in my last post, today was our Outreach Car Wash.
It looked like we might get rained out, but we were blessed with (mostly) clear skies. Hot, but not bad. Here are some highlights…
- We washed 62 vehicles today!!! (Actually, we washed 60 cars, 1 bicycle, and 1 “set of wheels.”) Amazing!
- 80 volunteers gave their Saturday to make this possible! Big thanks to everyone who contributed to the success of the event.
- 62 vehicles means even MORE free meals were served. Lots of burgers and dogs got grilled up today.
- Youth Praise Band provided the music today. They played great.
- I spoke to several folks that said they would likely visit our church. A couple had no church background to speak of. Others reported similar conversations. Pray that they will be there tomorrow.
- Cool story: today was a free event. Some people insisted on giving, and we accepted a handful of donations. But when one customer was told that we were not accepting donations, he went out and bought us bottled water! I thought that was so generous.
Throughout the day, I kept going back to the same thought: if our church were gone tomorrow, would the community notice? We as a church have to give back to our community and let them know that we are there for people. I believe we did that today.
Special thanks to Josh Hurt for organizing today’s event. Awesome job.
Closing note #1: Sonic Happy Hour slushes were the perfect way to cool down after a day like today.
Closing note #2. Aloe is my friend. I may be a little red at worship tomorrow.